According to a source, the following statistics were revealed at the SAMOHI History Department meetings:
• 70% of African-American seniors at Samo have less than a 2.0 GPA
• 45% of Latino seniors at Samo have less than a 2.0 GPA
• 7% of Caucasion seniors at Samo have less than a 2.0 GPA
• Less than 1% of Asian seniors at Samo have less than a 2.0 GPA
Everyone knew racial disparities existed, but did you think the academic achievement was this segregated and extreme?
8 comments:
i dont know if i believe that,,, 70%.. that is so fucken much,,, if its true thats scary and something needs to get on that
you wonder how racial stereotypes get created, and why racism is still present in our society
Brown vs. board of what?
I was told that 51% of African-American seniors have less than a 2.0 GPA, not 70%. But I don't know that can be verified.
just check the school's SARC report card on the website it'll give u all of the sick racial statistics you want
What's SARC?
the SARC Report Card isn't updated last I checked (like a month ago).
I used it for my film (tracking to nowhere; www.trackingnowhere.com).
but the SARC is a mandatory report card the school has to put out giving out data reporting on the school.
Although it wouldn't have that specific information,
and in response to Gabrielle,
Say it is 51%,
is that much better?
still over half.
but ill get on that and see if your right.
thanks,
josh
Now what I want to know is this: what is being done about this? Anything?
Post a Comment