The Voice of Santa Monica High

Submit your articles & opinions to editor@gripdoctrine.com

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

My Wants

Written and Submitted by Senior (Anonymous Submission):

As I look around, I see students living for weekends, living for parties, living to get in to college, living to float through this high school as quickly as possible. We shuffle from class to class, busying ourselves with trivial worries, easing the pain of normality that swallows us all. But not me: I want more from my high school experience. I want to be a legend.

I want my voice to vibrate, echo, and reverberate through the halls. My thoughts to burn, resonate, and brew in the hearts of my peers. My actions to flow like poetry, symbolize true artistic fervor, be the pinnacle of teenage spontaneity. I want: To be the social butterfly that parties with the popular, meditates with the meek, and studies with the studious all in the same day. To be remembered as a shaker of spirits, a spring of wisdom, a foundation for inspiration, a changer of lives so strong that my legacy resides forever.

Yet, simply wanting something accomplishes nothing. I've spent the last four years hoping I'll be remembered when I leave, but I haven't actually done anything valuable. So please, Freshmen, Sophomores, and even Juniors, take some advice from a wily old Senior and learn from my mistakes. DonĂ¢€™t bother too much with insignificant vocabulary quizzes or stupid math formulas. Set a goal that's truly important to you and do everything in your power to attain it. Becoming a legend only comes from doing something legendary.

Or, you can be like me, with nothing but this lousy article.

Written and Submitted by Senior (Anonymous Submission).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are legendary

Anonymous said...

hell yes!!